Wednesday, September 12, 2012

MY GLASS PALACE





I beckon the shadows from their hiding place…
…”Come dance with me again?” I ask them.
And they do…
A wind from the world’s end scatters faeries…
…they run and dance with flowers and bees.
All in tune…
Rain on my face, wind in my hair…
…I remember and feel so alive again.

“My Glass Palace,” I call the Earth…
…and I am king for the day!
Earth to moon…
Over the wall of reason and rhyme…
…is where I sit upon  my throne.
I shall rule…
Hearing of hair upon the sea…
…I leave the sanctuary of my castle and wander.

 Before the white eye of the midnight maiden…
…seeks to enchant my soul.
With her pull…
I wander into the fog of the future…
…my torch is a jar full of fireflies.
I’m no fool…
Blowing fire thru my veins…
…I slowly sink into my pool of hot cocoa.

I love falling into the pillow-like awe of childhood.

©June 3, 2011 ~ DBC, Duke of the Arctic

No comments:

Post a Comment