Thursday, September 20, 2012

I Didn't Want to be Your Reason





I came here with pure intention
but you made me feel like a hunter in the snow...
I gave you all my love
but couldn't slip it between the net of your scars...
I tried to help you with your demons
but you chose to fight alone...
I offered a shoulder for rest and comfort
but you chose the moon and stars...
You said you'd never lie
but you never tell the truth...
You offered me a place in your heart
but it's feeding the fires of the chaos...
You tried to cast a shadow
taint everything on earth...
You said I was the reason
for you to leave your past...

I didn't want to be your reason...
I think I should've slip away into the night..
Your love for me didn’t disappear,
it never really existed, it was just the light...

© Sept 10, 2011 ~ DBC, Duke of the Arctic

Concept realized shortly after my wedding in 1997. It sat dormant for years. I just found it and finished it. A little on the dark side, but that was many years ago...

No comments:

Post a Comment