Wednesday, September 12, 2012

I AM COMING HOME





The sacred moon thru the trees
somewhat illuminates my path.
My bearing is a bit off,
but I sense my direction is true.
The rising mist adding a challenge,
leaving me to play hide and seek with the heavens.
The breeze dances with my spirit,
and offers temporary mental sanctuary.
Thorny vines rip thru my armor,
and vividly illustrate my flesh.
It slows me but for a moment,
then reawakens my determination.
Somehow I know you are there,
waiting with open arms…
to welcome home your warrior.
To kiss away my scars, wash away my pains
This Duke, once in shiny armor,
now walking deep in rust.
Shattered lance in hand and broken sword at side.
Weary of constant warring.
Hope and strength spent.
Only the glow of your candle
keeps me focused thru the night.
Your love my beacon.
Only my conscience left to conquer.
Have I followed the Code?
Have I been true?
So much resentment within.
Memories of beast fought
threaten to bring me to my knees.
I need your love to cleanse my soul.
Your embrace, my elixir.
I long to gaze upon your fair beauty.
Brush your hair from your eyes and gaze deep.
Caress your face.
Taste your essence thru your lips.
Feel your heartbeat with mine.
To tell you that I love you,
Without speaking a word.
I am coming home, my lady.
I am coming home.

© April 27, 2011 ~ DBC, Duke of the Arctic

No comments:

Post a Comment