Sunday, September 16, 2012

I BELIEVE IN MAGIC



I believe in magic,
What wonderful depth it adds to my world.
I hear things no one else can hear.
I see colors that no one would believe.
Science can define with theory of fact,
But I’d rather believe in an shimmering dust.
I have been held under darkness of intelligence,
as my imagination was walked to the gallows.
All the while the fae were at my side,
reminding me of life.
“Never give up your gift of becoming.”
I know I never shall.
Gnomes mounted on dragonflies
above imps astride stag beetles.
The pixies chirp with delight
as the sun settles in Eve’s hands.
Ghouls and crickets rule my nights.
The moon, my goddess, lighting my path.
I don’t care which way the wind blows…
my sails always lead me home…
I believe in magic, with all my heart.
I love my fae friends, and bow to their existence.

© Sept 16, 2012 ~ DBC, Duke of the Arctic

No comments:

Post a Comment