Thursday, September 20, 2012

Can you keep a secret?





I spend my time swimming in the pool of others passions
sometimes sinking in the mire
nothing is new to my heart and soul
I've been through it all before...
I am weary...

Why do you look at me like that
what do you think of me?
are you waiting for the goodbye waltz?
remember, you're nothing when you're alone on the dancefloor...
I am alone...

You don't have to take my love but you can take what it means
and dance into the night by the light of the moon
I'm yours...falling...dancing...
becoming a self made tortured genius...
I am crying...

It's all in the past
where there are rules, be governed by your own self
manners are just another outward adornment of jewels,
whereas integrity lies within...
how long will you hold your septre and crown?
I am kneeling...

when love  is lost at the hint of a breath
time slows to an anguished crawl
numbness fade as the hours turn to years
the shock wears off and the grief sets in and turns to bitter sadness...
shall we drown in tears together?
I am sorry...

© Oct 3, 2011 ~ DBC, Duke of the Arctic

No comments:

Post a Comment