Thursday, September 20, 2012

a flash from the past




Yes! I have spent my time walking among the shadows and hiding in the corners of obscurity, to steal a glance in the soul of others. I have bought wine and sat with the train hobos to hear their travels. I have near froze to death around a burning barrel as the winter wind threatens to solidify me, so that I might mingle with the homeless and feel the look in their eyes. I have sat among thieves and prostitutes, only to hear their tales. I have sat next to an addiction and never had a desire to partake, but learned how emptiness needs a replacement. I swore myself to secrecy of names, but found humbleness yet rich delight in the spice each has added to my life. There is no such thing as an "undesirable," there is only a "lost soul" here and there. It is up to us as humans to correct this and make these souls feel wanted and loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment