Friday, September 21, 2012

I LOVE YOU




It's not in the things we spoke,
it's all in what we failed to say.
Our words spoke volumes but faded into the night,
yet the echo of our silence still rings in thru the days.
You told me what I was, but never what I was not.
I told you what you were not, but never what you were.
The good times lost to the whispering winds,
yet the bad times scream like howling cyclones.
We learned to speak in short, rhythmic verse
and forgot how to really say, “I love you.”
Now I sit in silence and have tried to learn to say
“I love you” one million ways.
Gv-ge-yu-hi, Jeg elsker dig, Ek is lief vir jou,
Volim te,Jeg elsker dig, Rakastan sinua,
Je t'aime,Ich liebe dich, Is breá liom tú.
But when it comes down to it...
I am simple man and all I can really say...
“I love you. I am sorry. I might be a writer,
but I stumble over words. Forgive me for being me?“

© Oct 23, 2011 ~ DBC, Duke of the Arctic 

No comments:

Post a Comment