Wednesday, September 12, 2012

THE VOICE





Like a voice in the wilderness you came to me on that endless night…
Remember the question I asked of you?
Remember the love I offered?
Like a moth to a flame, I came to your light.

Like the skip in the beat of a broken heart deep in pain…
Remember the tenderness in my voice?
Remember the words of promise?
Shapes fall in the shadows of the rain.

Like the look in the eyes of a long lost soul forgotten in time…
Remember the feeling of being alone?
Remember the walls too high to climb?
Emotions crumbled but still left barriers too high.

Like the rhythm and harmony carried on the wind…
Remember the sweet song of childhood?
Remember the melody of life?
Come home, you’ll have it by morning.

© April 12, 2011 ~ DBC, Duke of the Arctic

No comments:

Post a Comment