Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Enraptured By You






I’ve danced with the ladies
drank with their lords
I’ve stood amongst gods
While they waged their wars.
Played with cleansing fire
Crafted from hands of ice
My words became thunder
Not once, but thrice.
Left nothing untouched
Known to the mortal world
Only the celestial wards
Hold keys I’ve yet to turn.
I’ve been to the bottom
Of the endless sea
Rode high a mountain
And saw eternity.
I’ve swam with the dolphins of Mars
Soared the Heavens on dragons’ wing
Spoke with the forest faerie
And heard the Sidhe sing.
I believe in true love
I’ve touched its magic
Barked at her moon
Drank of her madness.
But never before have I
Been sick without cure
I am beginning to fathom
The meaning of “enrapture.”

©April 24, 2011 ~ DBC, Duke of the Arctic

No comments:

Post a Comment