Friday, September 21, 2012

DUKE OF THE ARCTIC





I have swung on the razor sharp thread of madness
Laughed while others cried
And wept at the promise of a new sunrise…
I made princes of fools and fools of wisemen
My queen now lies with a jester…

My crown is fools’ gold adorned with colored glass…
My scepter crafted of wormwood and thorn
Fractured is the throne upon which I rule
My kingdom fell to ruinous waste…
My castle is now under the sea…

Weary and withered I lift my chalice
Taunting Death at His door
Tasting the sweet peace of hemlock
And wondered if Charon faced the trials of mankind
Prior to navigating the Stygian current…


I challenged all that once was, is, and shall be
Rewrote the fragile scripts of reason
The sands of time have turned to dust
Carried away by the Arctic winds
I now sit in rule of the Plane of frozen dreams.

© Aug 30, 2012 ~ DBC, Duke of the Arctic 

No comments:

Post a Comment