Monday, November 26, 2012

THE DAWN BROUGHT FAVOR





Attempting to write of your beauty,
I gaze upon your elegance…
Your silent whispers and smile,
set aglow by the light of the moon.
I find myself stealing summer winds from your hair,
to offer the breath of life to my words.
As the sparkle of starlight from your eyes
illuminates the beckoning parchment,
I prepare the sacred transference
from inkwell to immortal script.
The tears of endless passions are collected
and mixed with pigments of dreams.
Infused with the blood of thought
to add the magic to my words
Subtle prayers cast to the open skies;
“Oh Great Creator I ask
for an eternity with her in my heart.
Let me never lose sight
of my source of inspiration?”
The dawn brought favor
with but a gentle kiss.

© Nov 26, 2012 ~ DBC, Duke of the Arctic

No comments:

Post a Comment