Saturday, December 22, 2012

MENTAL EXERCISE FOR WRITERS

MENTAL EXERCISE FOR WRITERS

Writers old and new: Search that horizon for new peaks to sit and rest upon as you gaze over humanity. Look deep into the valley of inspiration. Explore the shadows. Listen to the leaves. Expose the underside of stones. Embrace the wind. Absorb the warmth of the sunrise. Experience the cleansing of a storm. Look beyond the magnificent. See the glory and majesty in the minute! Detach yourself from thought. Just breathe and become. Feel your wings sprout. Now you are ready to begin the true journey into the skies of literary genius. Let us embark…

Looking at the accompanying photo, I am drawn to the fog. To understand the fog, I must become one with it. I close my eyes and feel the thin veil blanket the mountain and gently embrace each imperfection upon its surface. Like the kiss of a lover, the brush of one existence upon another is intimate. The wind is a lover and carries me to many exotic destinations where I explore the landscape and leave the residue of my visit upon any surface touched: a rock, a blade of grass, a flower, or tangled lovers beneath a tree. I can go where humanity cannot. I can rest easy upon the mirrored surface of a lake or crawl deep within the fractures of a stone. I am now nature. I might dissipate for a time, but I always return. In my absence, the masses gaze upon my existence and speak of my beauty. I am immortal.

With our thoughts, we create matter.  Each letter offers form and the words carve a distinct shape. The movement of our quill stirs the air and lends breath, as our ink fills each creation with blood. Our love gives it life. We are literary gods.

© Dec 22, 2012 ~ DBC, Duke of the Arctic

Your challenge, should you choose to accept it; find a photo and chose a subject, feel its surrounding, close you eyes, and imagine being that which you have chosen.

NOTE: photo is a random internet find. Valley of Flowers in the Himalayas, India.

No comments:

Post a Comment