Monday, October 15, 2012

MY MERMAID



On the seas of discontent,
I find myself adrift.
Waiting for the sun to rise,
a lifting of the mist.

Anchored in the waters dark,
my jaded heart holds fast. 
Am I doomed eternally,
to tread the seas of past?

Staring at the rolling waves,
Lost within the sound.
Hypnotic hiss of distant shores,
against my hull do pound.

Silence splits the night in two,
the seas as calm as glass.
Then rises from the depth of night,
a pure angelic sweetness.

She rises from the water’s skin,
singing sounds of love.
The words I’ve never heard before,
but know from where they come.

I gaze into her eyes of light,
and feel the warmth once more.
My sails now full of future winds,
I leave behind the storm.

© Oct 15, 2012 ~ DBC, Duke of the Arctic

NOTE: Photo courtesy of PL

No comments:

Post a Comment