Saturday, January 5, 2013

SHADOWS CALLING

I’ve denied reality and found shadows a physical barrier…
I hope if I close my eyes you might appear…
Love is tangible to an open heart, and also to shut eyes…

You are in my heart, yet just out of sight’s reach…
The elasticity between the dark and light binds my hands…
The static between your soul and mine, lights the night skies…

The curtains dance around you, silky and smooth…
Like caressing fingers, liquid from the moon…
Torment burns my mind from half a world away…

Passion’s fires ebb and flow deep within my being…
Last night’s whisper of, “yesssss…come to me…”
Echoes trust in this world of decay…

The veil of evening keeps sound the secrets…
As tears fall quiet in the folds of the gloom…
But my essence hears them as they plunge to a silent pool…

Collect your memories in my cosmic lachrymatory…
Let me offer them before the ancient ones…
Proof of a queen’s love for a hopeless fool…

© Dec 5, 2013 ~ DBC, Duke of the Arctic

NOTE: photo courtesy of PaM

No comments:

Post a Comment