Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The Past, Present, and Future

My Muse and the universe whisper the ancient secrets the writers of old left adrift in the great expanse. I hear them beckoning. {{amor est clavis}}}

 {{{a'alatahn sharhaa o'sahnu sai'fhanatah}}}

All the greats that have come before me
have rewritten the boundaries of heaven.
Their words building like storm-clouds in the ethereal
growing heavy with the dew of beauty.
Byron's "She Walks in Beauty" sheds light
Poe's "A Valentine" colors in shadows
Barret-Browning's "How Do I Love Thee" adds depth...

I lift my quill high in hopes of inspiration.
The eddies of past words swirl and swirl
and create a maelstrom of thought.
Letter by letter the rain does fall
and settles into pools of verse.
My contemporaries join me in the dance
under the lightning and thunder.
The present slowly douses
and saturates with literary intoxication
as we offer to the future
our homage to love.

© June 18, 2013 ~ DBC, Duke of the Arctic
NOTE: photo is random internet find

No comments:

Post a Comment