Monday, June 10, 2013

COME TO ME



As I gaze into your eyes
I see timeless beauty trapped.
They cry out in silence “Love me for me?” 
A tear escapes and slips down your cheek,
Without notice takes a freefall into nothingness.
As it shatters on the silken sheets
I hear a thousand unwhispered sighs
Fill the emptiness between us.

As I reach for your hand,
I sense an urgent hesitation.
Unspoken questions arise, “Are you a dream?”
Being as real as you want me to be
Searching passion for truth
My heart sets the rhythm
Our fingers tango until entangled
In the lover’s seam.

As I touch your lips,
Tasting tears of yearning
I hear you quiet plea, “Is this forever?”
Eternity lives in every clock tick
Forever in every breath.
Come to me, my Muse, my love
We shall together embrace
Immortality….

© May 10, 2013 ~ DBC, Duke of the Arctic

No comments:

Post a Comment