Saturday, May 11, 2013

THE EYES OF A GODDESS


I see fire in your eyes;
flames of passion
ignited by friends, lover, and all that stand in favor.
I see remnants of ice on your brow;
from winters past and forgotten,
left to be turned to tears in the summer breeze.
I see an ocean of compassion in your eyes
that you offer one drop at a time
to heal the scars and decay in the world.
I see reflection of earth in your eyes,
as you gaze across the landscape and ask,
“Where did it start? When will it end?”
I see Luna in your eyes,
the creator of tides and air that send men to sea
in search of love and treasure.
I see love in your eyes,
a tender caring
and genuine light from within.
You possess the eyes of a Goddess.

© May 11, 2013 ~ DBC, Duke of the Arctic

Written for my lil sis Ami.

No comments:

Post a Comment