Sunday, July 13, 2014

Has My Magic Diminished?



{{{flash}}}

I remember adding my magic to the world and enchanting it, as a child. I bought something in a bag for 25 cents. Looked like glitter, but was promised magic.

{{{believing}}}

Later, on that typical hot evening under the endless skies of Texas, I watched the fireflies...entranced.

{{{awe}}}

I remembered the pouch. I leaned against a tree and chanted my wish, “I seek the language to unite with hope. Belief is reason. One day the Fae will return. I will remember, always. I will enchant the world for peace, everlasting…”

{{{prayer}}}

I blew the contents into the breeze. Each metallic mote of color was brought to life with fire by the fading sun.

{{{shimmer}}}

I witnessed magic. It has always been with me, but never joined the game. I thought it mocked me and left. I failed to realize the significance of experience when on a road to redemption. Humbleness and awe are what makes magic. We are here to share our gift and experience the contributions of others to this existence.

{{{bowing}}}

NOTE: Photo was an unexpected internet find. I hope someone can identify the photo artist. Perhaps more photos could invoke further memories. The worldly corruption of faith and honor have numbed by mind and I forget the magic. I am getting old...but still believe...

July 13, 2014 ~ DBC, Duke of the Arctic




NOTE: Photo was an unexpected internet find. I hope someone can identify the photo artist. Perhaps more photos could invoke further memories. The worldly corruption of faith and honor have numbed by mind and I forget the magic some days. I am getting old...but still believe...there are moments...memories...

July 13, 2014 ~ DBC, Duke of the Arctic

No comments:

Post a Comment