Sunday, March 10, 2013

...and the rains settled in

Last night was amazing. I did one of those strange writer things as the rain storms blew in. I drove to a small deserted parking lot, lost in a a few acres of trees. I sat there with the only the radio airing classical music. The intensity of the symphonic pieces seemed to change with the lighting as it danced overhead and the raindrop set rhythm upon the roof of the car. Mother Nature requested audience, and I alone arrived. Center stage seating. Ahhhhh....
Eventually my mind took me back to the war. The raindrops became gunfire, the lightning turned to distant artillery flashes, and the music was the magic that I held onto for sanity's sake. I sought me hillside chateau for an escape. A soft reddish glow appeared from the heavens and I saw the shadows within our chateau. A few tail lights through the trees like cigarette cherries. The trees swaying and soft wind whispering like my Muse. I was there. I was at peace.

© March 10, 2013 ~ DBC, Duke of the Arctic

No comments:

Post a Comment